Monday, May 31, 2010

Get Testout working

Hi all,

This is my first post. The topic of how to get Testout working has come up frequently. This is my 2 cents and how I got it working.

1. I installed 70-640 2008 Active Directory Testout. No previous version was installed.

2. I followed the steps in this forum

1. Copy all the 5 folders into the default folder C:\Program Files\TESTOUT, (Glossary, Outlines, Questions, resources, Sims) - This will drop all the info say from the 70-640 into the testout directory

2. Create a shortcut on your desktop to the XML file in Outlines folder for say ms640cle.xml

3. Right click on the shortcut and click properties, then general tab, under what program to open with click change.

4. Link the xml file shortcut to the navigator.exe file to open it, which is in c:\program files\testout\cmi\navigator.exe

If you just have navigator open the xml and run it, it is fully functional.

It will not open the standalone navigator with all the testout products in the window, just the current xml


Ok....so this is what I did.....THE ABOVE DIDN'T WORK. Came up with some labsim username and password.....

Then I found this....and VOILA !! it worked like a charm. Videos work, simulator, everthing, no glitches
################################################
1-Install the aplication (labsim);
2-Copy the xml file from the dvd/ISO (X:\Testout\Outlines) to the legacy folder (C:\Program Files\TestOut\Orbis\Legacy); (I already did this above)
3-Open the xml file with notepad and use the "replace" feature to change the string ".." with the string "X:\Testout", where X is the letter of your virtual drive. it seemed strange but I searched for ".." and replaced it
4-Drag the xml file and drop over LegacyXEng.exe I just did a quick index search in my C:\program files\testout for wherever the file was and dragged and dropped it on the .exe - didn't think it will work but it did - the program opened immediately !
################################################
the above wasn't my own genius...I got it from some site and I can't remember the guys name. But all cudos to him.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It is my hope that you find the information here useful. Let others know if this post helped you out, or if you have a comment or further information.